Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9: Preschool Musings

Well, as much as a preschooler can muse, I guess. Mine sure tries hard. He is a thinking boy! Super Muscles says some hilarious things when he is trying to figure something out or concentrating hard on something he has learned. We hear gems come from hidden conversations he has with his brother...

MW was just telling me about a conversation he overheard on Saturday night... he had put the boys into their halloween costumes because my very verbal and stubborn Slobber Rocket threw his tiger costume at his dad and demanded that it be put on him. So the boys got into their costumes and went to play in their rooms with blocks and toys... Then Mr. Wonderful hears these words come from our 4.5 year olds mouth. "Touch it baby. It is very necessary." I giggle every time he tells me this story. I guess Super Muscles liked the feel of his silky race car driver costume and was trying to share the experience with his baby brother. But... yea, epic!

Then on another day he was eating a leaf shaped cookie that had some edible glitter on it. Before he would take a bite, he examined it closely. He pondered for a moment what the stuff on the leaf was and then asked "Mom, why does my leaf cookie have pollen on it?"

He also thinks very hard about the rules that we have set for him. We have a "no hands on the goods in public" rule. I am not opposed to my 4 year old exploring his body. Apparently those things are fascinating for some reason. But the rule is that if he wants to touch or examine the thing... he has to do it in the bathroom or bedroom with his door shut. So I caught him messing with himself one day and I said "Buddy, you need to stop touching yourself in the livingroom. This is not a place where you may do that." He thinks... then gets a big grin on his face and says "Okay mom but I CAN touch my p**is (wouldn't want anyone getting to my blog with naughty word searches)  in my bedroom... I will just shut the door when I go in there so no one can see me!" And that is just what he did. And I laughed at him, quietly, for a long while.

Today I am thankful for all of the silly but well thought out things that my son says. He is such a bright child and I love him dearly.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey,

I'm just getting caught up on all your posts from this month. I'll be praying for you right now. I'm not sure how exactly to pray for you, but I'll make a point to ask God to lead me to pray for you during this time.

Ruby can say the darndest things. Most of the time, I forget them after she says them, but I need to make more of a point to document them. The last story about SM cracks me up! I have no idea how I'll handle that when B gets to that age...

I'm praying for you. Please know that you're not alone.
~L

Rudy said...

Thanks Lindsay. I definitely need them right now. Wish I could provide exactly how to pray but just know that it means a lot to me having people praying.
~Debra