Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Day 1: Gym Membership

I don't like Christmas music very much... true story. But I do love Thanksgiving and I think Lindsay has a great idea in her "30 days of Thanksgiving"  blog extravaganza. So I have decided to participate.

I will post either one entry about what I am thankful for every day or I will add it to the end of a post if I have a different one for the day :)

I am thankful today for the gym membership I have. I hate working out in front of people, as I have mentioned. But going to the gym and working out is pretty helpful in combating my anxiety for a while. So this morning I got up at 5am and got ready and went to the gym. Worked out for an hour and got my endorphins kicking to start my day off. Seems small but my husband is making a big sacrifice in money to let me have a gym membership. He is pretty much the best. Also I have asthma so running outside is no longer an option. So it is fabulous to have a warm place to go so my lungs stay semi-happy. And the quiet, kid free drive on my early mornings... listening to music..., heaven! Oh and child care when I can't make it super early. It is all fabulous. And group cycling... it is pretty much my fave.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a great thing! I'm thankful that you get to have this in your life, as well!

Thanks for jumping on the wagon with me! :)

Sara Kifer said...

I'm jealous...I need to get my butt into shape and work out!!!