Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3: my counselor

Yea, no joke... this week in particular I am very thankful for my counselor. She spent a half an hour on the phone with me yesterday helping me work through some stuff and talking out the events that are unfolding right now. She is infinitely patient with me but also very firm and wants to push me to change/succeed and reach my goals. Sometimes she pushes me right to the edge but she always seems to know what I am capable of even if I don't quite know. But mostly and more importantly I am learning to trust someone who isn't my husband and who isn't my best friend.  That is kind of a big deal.

1 comment:

Sara Kifer said...

I am really glad that you have a counselor that you are trusting. That is soooo important in the recovery process!!! And, not always easy to find, either!!