Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5: Preschool Teachers

Today I am taking a moment to express my thankfulness for Super Muscles preschool teachers. They are fabulous. He has 3 teachers in his head start class and they are all extremely kind and patient. You can tell that they enjoy their job and they are all such compassionate people.

School has been fabulous for SM. He loves going and I know it is because of M, F and Miss L. They spend one on one time with him and really help him through some of the sensory struggles he has. They also somehow manage to give my kiddo one on one time even though they have many students. I worried a lot about this but they do well with my boy. The teachers always take time with just him during nap time because he is one of the 2 kids that refuses to sleep but he gets to read and learn with his teachers instead so I think it works out nicely. lol. Mostly it has added to my sons life more adults that he loves and trusts which is always a fabulous thing! I am very glad I got over some of my anxieties to finally put him into a preschool program. It was very hard for me to do but it is working out quite well.

Right now my little man is at an all day pajama party reading bedtime stories and doing puzzles and I know he is happy and safe and being well taken care of.

1 comment:

Sara Kifer said...

I bet the teachers would love to read this post or to know that you posted about them. If I got a compliment as a teacher, it completely made my day!! I am glad that your little one is getting one-on-one attention. It is hard these days to find that type of teaching strategy.