Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15: Doctors

I know I posted being thankful for my Slobber Rocket's overall health and included a blurb about his doctors. But I wanted to add to that. I took my tiny guy to the doctor again today and was reminded how much I appreciate doctors. SR and SM see a female doctor who is kind spirited and calm. She is very easy to like. But most importantly, she really cares about my children and their health and she listens to me as their parent.

Slobber Rocket's growth is still a big concern and we go every 4-6 weeks for a weight and height check. We toss around new ideas and see if there is anything we are missing. Today the little dude is measuring in at 30.5 inches tall and 19 lbs 10 oz (he is near 22 mos old). He did grow a half inch in the past two months which is great growth for him BUT he is still very under normal height and normal height velocity for his age. He is also TINY in weight. He netted about 2 oz in the past 3-4 mos. He was 19 lbs 8 oz a few apts ago but dropped some weight when he stopped nursing so he has made up that weight and added 2 oz. So that his his update. His dr. though is sending him for an echo to make sure his heart is doing okay. She is not that worried about his heart so DO NOT BE ALARMED. But it is one thing that hasn't been checked that could contribute to poor growth. She has, however, not heard any indications on the stethoscope that he has something abnormal going on. But she is also contacting his endocrinologist again and seeing what we can do while we are here for him (labs and any other tests they may need that there is easy access to here) to make our trip to St. Louis in a couple of months smoother and she might convince them to see him sooner (I hope... the end of feb is a long time!).

Anyway I am just overall very impressed with the Doctors I see here. And I am so thankful for medical technology and for the fact that there are tests to figure out what is wrong with children and treatment to help them if there is a problem.

No comments: