Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: carefree childhood

Since I can't do anything to change my past, I have been damned and determined to give my own children the childhood they deserve. The childhood all children deserve. When I think about all of the things I am thankful for this is right up at the top of my list. I am so very thankful that so far my sons have had a carefree childhood. They don't have to worry about their daddy leaving. They don't have to worry about being abused. They just have to worry about being children. No growing up really fast or adapting to situations the best they know how because we are there for them to help them grow and learn. I am really thankful that in my brokenness I still managed to chose a man that is an amazing father to our children. A man that helps me heal a bit everyday by restoring my faith in the hope and fact that there are some good dads out there and some amazing husbands out there. A dad that daily sacrifices for his children. I mean, not that I am doing a bad job either. I am trying so hard to be the mom they need. I am trying to get help with the problems I have with relationships now before I pass on the same fears and anxieties to them. And I know by our daily interactions that they feel safe and secure and know that they are loved. They are just precious little people and I am so thankful to be given the honor of providing them with the care and nurture they need.

1 comment:

Sara Kifer said...

You should give yourself more credit for raising your boys!!! I bet you are doing just as good of a job as K. :)