Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 7... AND 8

Yea, I know... I blew my 30 straight days. Ha. It was a busy weekend.

Anyway I am going to post 2 things I am thankful for today to make up for it!

Numero 7- Alone Time! And that awesome husband of mine who makes sure it happens. It can be exhausting being needed 24/7. It is actually very hard sometimes. I am not a big toucher and my kids (especially Slobber Rocket) LOVE to be touched and cuddled and kissed and tackled and rocked and I sometimes get over-touched. I hope no one takes this wrong because I love being able to stay home with the boys and most of the time I don't even mind the sacrifices necessary to make it happen. But as much as I love it, I appreciate that I have a husband and partner who is willing to take the boys by himself and give me some much needed rest. Every week he makes a huge sacrifice on monday and friday. He handles everything and even goes into work late so that I can go to the gym, spend some time by myself and go to session. That is 3 hrs, twice a week. That is time away from work so that I can take care of myself. Time away from work so that I can do some things to take care of myself without adding anxiety to my day (I would be seriously stressed if I needed a sitter twice a week... trust is not easy for me). I love my husband and am so thankful that he can see my needs and that he works hard to meet them. My best friend visited this week and he, again, kept the boys for several hours so we could spend time together. He took them to the library and I am sure they played lots of football in the house :) It is truly amazing for me to see fatherhood in way that is healthy and mutually beneficial to both father and children. <3

Day 8: Slobber Rocket's health. I know I have the ability to get fixated on problems until they are fixed. That is part of what makes SR's sensory issues (he is improving so much here though!) and tininess hard on me. I don't know how to fix them. Hopefully the upcoming appointment in Saint Louis will help but I am thankful for these words: "He is very tiny and not growing well but he looks and acts so healthy!" I am thankful that he is learning and mastering new skills. That his language is exploding and that he is such a happy, joyous little person. I am thankful for the people who provide him with care and who are working hard to make sure he is okay. And I am so very thankful that he has not had a major illness in a while or a fever. *finding wood to knock on* I am praying that this winter is not as rough as last winter was for him but seriously... big picture stuff is that he is doing amazingly. He is intelligent, funny, physically coordinated, verbal. That is all a comfort to me even when we aren't exactly sure if there is an issue with his growth. And the good news is that all the big scary stuff has been pretty much eliminated (rare illnesses, CF, kidney and liver stuff).

No comments: