Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall cleaning.

Today has been a good day. Well, a miserable day for allergies but a good day for everything else. You see, sometimes I get in a mood where I just want everything to finally NOT be chaotic anymore. And for a girl like me, that means a lot of cleaning and arranging has to be done. With two small children and a mom that doesn't love cleaning... well, my house does get kind of crazy and chaotic.

So Mr. Wonderful and I set out today to remedy that problem a little bit. We are selling pretty much any possession that we don't need (kind of freeing) and giving away stuff that we can't sell. Going through closets and kids dressers and desks and drawers and anything else I can think of to simplify our lives. And I feel very accomplished this evening. I still have lots of laundry to do but my room is well on its way to being very organized and I have gotten rid of probably half the stuff that was in my room. We also moved my desk into the bedroom so that I can try to shift some priorities and follow through on some of my goals. One of those goals is to spend less time on the computer. Something I am doing okay at! But I can do better so we got my computer out of the living room so I am not tempted by the ease of letting Super Muscles entertain himself while I peck around on the computer. Not that that is a horrible thing but it is something that still needs to happen less often.

We also got a smaller tv stand and plan to sell the larger one so that we don't have so much clutter in the living room and are rearranging the living room for it to be safer for my crazy crawling little 7 mos old. We got rid of a piece of furniture that was not very stable now that Slobber Rocket is cruising and using everything he can think of to accomplish that task.

I still need to finish going through the boys closets to see what we can get rid of (we do not have room to keep Super Muscles clothes to hand down to Slobber Rocket... our house is just too small) so I can take it to Loosey's house sometime in the next few days so she can get it ready for the swap that is happening next weekend. Good times to be had.

We are getting new windows this week. Bye bye lead paint infested windows, hello windows we can finally open! I do still need to figure out what to do with our girl while they are here working on the windows and me and the boys are at a friends house on the days they do it. I am thinking of keeping her outside since it is pretty cool. She would love that. She will have to be chained though because she likes people too much and will bother the contractor.

Oh and Curtis Orchard this week with the Parent Mentor group... fabulous!

And now for some pictures :)

Here is one of Super Muscles before our first time Roller Skating a few nights ago. He loved it. Funniest evening we have had in a while. We both laughed so hard. He really enjoyed himself. And a couple of Slobber Rocket eating Sweet Potatoes... cuteness abounds!

4 comments:

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

Bonus--once you get those new windows in we can paint the boys' room! Yay!

Rudy said...

Woohoo! I can't wait.

Lora said...

So jealous of your windows!

I just spent a bit of time catching up on your blog. You are such a talented writer, a wonderful friend, and an amazing Mom. Just so you know :)

Rudy said...

Thanks Lora... now go write all about Germany so I can spend lots of time reading YOUR blog. I enjoyed the many pics you updated with yesterday.