Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some Goals

Recently I have been trying to think of some things I would like to accomplish. I think having goals focuses your life in a way where you can improve. And, I think one of the main purposes in life is to improve over time. To learn new lessons, to live better, to love better... to improve. So here are some ways that I wish to improve over the next several months:

1) Spend less time on the computer. I think by doing this my house will be cleaner ;) I am really good about not ignoring my children but I ignore housework in favor of the computer often.
2) Continue making healthier choices about food. I have recently gotten rid of all caffeine in my diet and am now working on getting rid of that last bit of soda I drink (maybe 1 caffeine free, clear soda a week). I would like to focus on arranging our budget to where I can purchase more fresh fruits and vegetables and also really start training myself to like healthier foods. I did not grow up eating how I would like to eat so I have a lot of old habits to break.
3) Lose 15 more lbs. This will include continuing to work out (adding some gym time) and being strict about what I eat, when I eat and why I eat.
4) Remodel bathroom... this is a big goal for me because it is something that could really increase the value of our home when we sell in a few years. Ultimately I would like to do everything with the help of friends except the plumbing (we need some pretty extensive reworking of the plumbing in the tub).
5) Get a dSLR and learn about photography. Hopefully take a class locally.

So that is it... those are the goals I plan to focus on over the next several mos. At least 6 mos. Keep me honest and ask me how I am doing sometime.

2 comments:

~rachel~ said...

I have #1 and #5 too!!

Good luck!
We were hoping to remodel our bathroom this summer too, but I think we decided since we live in the middle of nowhere anyway it probably won't add much value to the house so we are just going to try and sell it like this, I'm sure it'll be a big job! I'd offer to help, but you know, I probably wouldn't be much help w/ my 4 yr olds and 1 yr old! ;)

Amy said...

Good goals, girly! I'm with you on the whole eating healthier part. Ours is eating out way too much. We have tried to break it many times, but it always lures us back. We can all make healthier choices! Thanks for the reminder. :)