Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Caution, caution.

It feels like a crime scene around these parts today. "Q", the contractor, was here bright and early wrapping yellow caution tape all around our humble abode. "Caution LEAD hazard"... Bright yellow and reminiscent of the Law and Order episodes I watched growing up. I feel branded. My house is poisonous. So, maybe it isn't that deep but I do have to vacate my home for 2 days in order for the new windows to be installed and I also have to have my children lead tested one more time, a few weeks after all the windows are put in. They have already been tested once last week. But... its all about their safety so I held them each down and will do so again soon. The big kid screamed like someone was killing him and the baby made not a peep. He just sighed and rested his head on my arm. It is amazing how different they already are.

Speaking of different... I never realized I would get peace in vacuuming. But I do. Super Muscles is horrified of any noise above a talk. So the vacuum is basically not his favorite dirt removing instrument in the world. He prefers the broom ;). So when I vacuum he hides in his bedroom or a room not being vacuumed and covers his ears (he kind of looks like a psych ward patient rocking back and forth with his hands over his ears but please don't tell him I said that). But slobber rocket... he LOVES the vacuum. He will sit in the floor and dance and laugh. Or lay in his swing and just watch what I am doing. And its quiet. Other than the obvious loudness of the vacuum, it is peaceful in a house full of noise all the time. And I don't even want to discuss how long the couch took to vacuum. Lets just say... no reasonable person would spend that much time vacuuming a couch. I, however, have a house full of people with bad allergies... so me and the couch got intimate.

Super Muscles and Mr. Wonderful built a new entertainment center a couple of days ago. Most MW ;) but he did let SM help when he woke from nap and the child was THRILLED. Proof to come... picture uploader hates me today.


Anyway, I will be out of reach for a few days via the internets as we will be spending some time at a friends house while we wait for our windows to be put int. Hoping to be all done by Friday at 2 though. I don't think many people appreciate an open window the way I do... I must say, I will be thrilled to be able to open our windows for the first time since we moved here in a few days. Email me if you need something important. I should be on in the evenings when we get home to check :)

And a baby elephant in cloth diapers... gotta love it!

No comments: