Monday, September 21, 2009

And Ima makes... 6... yikes

We have a little house guest this week. Her name is Ima (E- ma) and she is an 11 week old mutt. And she is making our house even more crazy than it already was. I thought 2 adults, 2 children and one dog was bad but now we have 2 dogs playing like puppies to throw into the mix. Though I am glad we decided to keep her at our home rather than checking on her a few times a day at her house. She would have been horribly sad being so young and away from her people for 5 days. But, we have gotten even LESS sleep than normal since Saturday. I didn't even think that was possible but with the whining and chewing on things shes not supposed to and needing to go out to tinkle. Its been a long few days. Her mommy and daddy are in Sri Lanka for a funeral and they had to leave town very quickly. Anyway,... the kids are enjoying the new house guest for the most part. The baby gets angry when she chews on his pants (which always drag around behind him since hes so short :)). But otherwise... Super Muscles tells her "Ima girl, you are my best friend". My house is a stinkin MESS with 2 dogs in and out of the wet nasty yard 30 times a day (I so don't miss that part of puppy training). I have swept but have yet to mop the kitchen and laundry room since it is still so muddy out.

The Colts play tonight. I am excited! Going to a good friends for some HD and food. Glad Mr. Wonderful has a by this week in softball so we can watch the game :) How many men have wives as interested in football as them? I think he is pretty lucky.

My birthday is Saturday. I am SUCH a birthday freak. I love love love birthdays. Not many people share my enthusiasm though. I will be happy on Saturday solely because I love celebrating my own birth. Oh and since my birthday is on a Saturday, I think I *might* get to sleep in :) What could be better?

I played volleyball for the first time ever on Friday. Apparently I didn't do too bad. I still say its a good thing my first game was against our church's other team. I didn't feel too stressed because I figured they were the best people to play my first ever game with because they would help me along even though they were competing against me. Volleyball is a pretty reactive, intuitive sport though. Hopefully, as I learn the rules... it will be even better. I am enjoying playing sports again. I am super competitive and have missed competition very badly.

SM made me mad this morning. He got into my purse and secretly ate a sucker (well half before I busted him) that I was saving for a time when I needed it for him. Hes on his bed right now for being disobedient and sneaky. I threw all the candy in my purse away (1.5 suckers). This is the second time in a week he has snuck food. It kind of weirds me out and scares me a little. I hope this does not become a habit.

I ordered Slobber Rocket the cutest shoes on the face of the planet. Hopefully I picked the right size. His little feet are tiny but he is in desperate need of some shoes to protect his little feet now that he is up and moving so much. He crawls, pulls to stand, cruises, kneels, squats... all at 7 mos old. He is setting me up for a heart attack. no doubt. We spend a lot of mondays at Dodds on the concrete watching Daddy play softball so some extra protection for his feet will be welcome.

Scatterbrained today... I know.

No comments: