Friday, September 4, 2009

You know what? I already know...

Ever get sick of people saying the same thing to you over and over and over and over again? Yea, me too. So let me just let you in on a little secret. I already know that my 7 mos old is the size of many 3 mos old. I get him dressed every morning, I nurse him around the clock, I take him to places where there are monster babies who could eat him for breakfast but who are 3 or 4 mos younger than him. I take him to the doctor where I find out he is in the... um... 5th percentile for height and weight (or below). I get it. I got it. And you don't have to keep commenting on it. Not YOU of course but everyone else. I realize you think I need to DO more to get him bigger but some babies are not bigger (and I have no clue how to control someones height, if I figure that out... I will be making lots of money). Some babies have very petite moms and not horribly tall dads and pretty short grandparents. Some babies nurse around the clock (like mine) but they start crawling at 5.5 mos (Slobber Rocket) and so all that eating does little to produce chub. And some babies go to bed at night in 0-3 mos sleepers at 7 mos old. It is okay. I am not doing anything wrong as a parent. He is just small. I take him to the doctor and my doctor is not worried about him. If he showed worry, I would totally make sure my son had the medical attention he needs. Promise. *Sigh* that feels a bit better. Sadly, the people who read my blog don't need to hear this rant but it did make me feel slightly better.

2 comments:

SunnyD said...

I promise it's not easy at the other end of the growth percentile either. I got really tired of hearing, "Your child is only 3 months old?" when he was wearing 12-month sleepers. "He's going to be a football player!"

Over and over and over and over.

My SIL has a child that wasn't on the chart until he was 3. X-man has been at the top of the chart the whole time (if he wasn't off of it). They're both fine healthy boys, and you're right, everyone needs to keep their damn mouths shut.

Amy said...

Your baby is adorable. And healthy. You can tune 'em out. I've learned that people rarely, in most situations, know what the appropriate thing to say is. :)