Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks to all my friends who have called or messaged me over the past few days. We appreciate all the offers of help and all the kind words. I am doing well. Surgery went well. Apparently better than expected. Mr. Wonderful said that my Dr. seemed pretty excited that the damage wasn't as extensive as the CT seemed to indicate. My small hearing bones were all unharmed which is pretty good news for the potential of better hearing. But, I have no clue yet what that will be like. I have very bad and loud ringing in my right ear. I had kind of hoped that would be gone but it isn't. Lots of swishing going on from fluid. It took me about... 5? hrs to get to sleep between having to sleep on my back and all the movement going on in my ear and my arm getting tingly. lol. But I am really not in much pain. My throat hurts a bit today from the breathing tube and I am on enough antibiotics to effectively treat ear infections for a small country somewhere. 2g of keflex a day. This is my 3rd round of antibiotics in the past month. I think after this next round is over, 30 of the last 40 days I will have spent on one antibiotic or another.

I will know more next week when I talk to Dr. Y I think. He is in his other office today so someone else will be seeing me and removing my bandage today and drain tube. Excited to have this ridiculous looking wrap off of my head and hoping that increased mobility of my neck and face will help me sleep today. Not excited about feeling things ooze out of my ear over the course of the next several weeks but hopefully as it drains out, I will hear better. Not expecting it though, I want to try to stay as realistic as possible. Knowing it looked better in there than expected is comforting as far as not needing another surgery but it also may pose some more questions as to what is going on. We will see! Worst case scenario seems to be... I no longer have infection in my head/ear and I need a hearing aid to hear well. Not too bad.

No comments: