Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It really isn't so bad...

Thought I would share some pictures with you so you can laugh at me... with me. I looked a bit goofy coming home yesterday so I took a picture of me with my big bandage on. Little did I know I still had donut on my mouth when I took the picture. Great! But its the only bandaged up picture I have :) So you just have to act like I look completely amazing! And, the bandage was wrapped so tightly around my head and so low on my forehead my eyes were half shut for a day. I looked fabulous!




And then there is todays look... no bandage but a pretty nice scar on the back of my ear and a cotton ball holding in all the stuff. Good times!

 

See... not so bad right. The band aid is where my drain tube was. When he pulled it out, it felt all weird and creepy. It was pretty long too. Longer than I expected it to be. I chose not to look at my gross bandages. My hair is still dirty. I might tackle that tomorrow or whenever I feel like it. I have to keep my ear dry and well, I have a lot of hair so I am not sure how that will work yet. Dr whatshisface (not my ENT but his partner whose name I can't recall) suggested a plastic baggy over my ear. Hmmm... my guess is there is going to be some hair, skin around my ear that doesn't get cleaned very well. 

He also said that I have dissolvable packing in my ear so i won't know what my hearing is like for 6+ weeks until it is all out.  But I look good. Apparently better than most a day post op. I am really in very little pain. Just tired because I am having issues sleeping. Have great people from church making sure we are well fed for a few days and just trying to take it easy. Get my stitched out on Tuesday and learn more about the surgery then too. I think that is all there is to update about though! See... not so bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous, darling!