Saturday, February 20, 2010

No concert :(

So... I would be at a concert right now but I am not. Instead I am at home with my family tending to a 4 yr old who is sick. I am really bummed but this is life sometimes with kids I guess. I am just a little tired of feeling like I am always on the back burner though. And yeah, I am even a little pouty about it right now. I think I will feel better tomorrow. I know it would have been selfish to take him to Indy just to sleep and be sick in an new and uncomfortable environment and I also know it would have been selfish to take our only car so that I could still go. So, we all stayed home. That doesn't mean I have to like it! I am just a little worn out and was really looking forward to doing something for myself. It was especially timely for me considering I am having surgery in a few days. Now that I got it out, I am done whining.

Tomorrow will be better. More snuggles with cute boys at the very least.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love you, Debra...hang in there. I will be praying for you through your surgery.
I'm also trying to put this comment on "See Mama Run"'s blog, but I can't ever get my comments to work. I don't even know your friend's name, but I do love her blog....maybe you could pass this along to her?

Hey, I don't know if you remember me, but I am friends with Debra. She had connected me with your blog last fall after you miscarried, because I had miscarried (2nd time) about a year earlier. I relate very much to these words you have written...God speaks to a heart that is raw and grieving like no other. Thanks for your honesty in your blog.
Also, not sure if you knew or not (I'm assuming "not") but this video at the end is of my daughter. We are huge Andrew Peterson fans, and my husband made this video back when my daughter was about 18 mos. old..she is now four! Small world!
Amy