Monday, August 10, 2009

Twins for the week

So, I am going to be a bit busy for the week. This week I am entertaining not one, but TWO, 3.5 yr olds. My nephew, Junior, is here visiting us ALL week! What a joy that little boy has been for the 3 days he has been here. We have already had lots of fun! On Sat we went and got lunch and went grocery shopping. Then we went to a friends for a cookout. This is where my son and his cousin ran around in circles yelling "doody" at the top of their lungs. It was AWESOME! Yesterday we went to church, lunch with friends, took naps then we went to the softball fields and played while Mr. Wonderful had practice with a few people. Then home for banana pancakes. Junior was rather impressed! Today we have gone to Curtis Orchard (pics to come soon I hope) already and had lunch. Kiddos are getting a nap to get revved up for the park and softball games tonight. Mr. Wonderful and I both have a tournament game tonight but the boys should have lots of other children to play with. They will love it!

Anyway, having 3 kids in our 98 cutlass has been interesting... and back breaking. And having two children who are the same age (15 days apart to be exact) and who are best buddies is kind of tiring but definitely fun. While I would totally take two 3.5 yr olds with no problem. I don't know how moms of twins do it with babies. I find that incredibly impressive.

Thankfully Slobber Rocket slept better last night than he had in a few days and he got a good nap this morning. I pray he continues sleeping well or this week will be long. I look forward to seeing what the rest of this week has in store for us and I look forward to all the fun things we have planned together. I miss my nephew dearly when he is away and am so glad I get to spend a whole week with him!

No comments: