Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who do I think I am?

(me and SM,... I was trying to get him to NOT be afraid of the camera at sears)

That is a good question... most of the time I wonder the same thing.

I LOVE the color orange, playing sports, children, learning, growing, trying new foods. I have anxiety about my children and about driving. I don't trust many people because my past leads me to believe most people aren't worth trusting, especially not with anything as precious as my kiddos. I am compassionate and considerate, shy, hard to get to know. I am kind. If you get into my world I will do anything for you. I value education, kindness, and respect. I am non-confrontational most of the time but have a quick temper about a few things. I sometimes lack patience with adults but I am generally patient with children. I dislike rap but like most other music. I love to talk to old people. I think most people have entitlement issues and sometimes I fall into the category of "most people". I wish my hair was blue again. I can only think of 2 people that really know me well and I am married to one of them. I love being a wife and a parent. I prefer doing thing with my children over making sure the house is flawless which is why my house is anything but flawless. I really like mexican and I love cooking for my family. I love to plan surprises especially for my hardworking husband. We have a stupid dog who eats everything and even though I picked her out, she annoys me (Super Muscles tells us "the dog is obnoxious"). I am content with having my needs met 99% of the time which is good since we are poor. I am scared to put SM into preschool even thought I think he could use the social interaction. I miss my best friend all the time, she needs to move into the house across the street instead of living in another state. I remember very random information and it has proven handy a couple of times.

Random facts about me are great but they don't get to the heart of who I am. And that is something I struggle with figuring out daily.

I passionately want to be a great wife and mother. I want to raise my children in a home filled with love and God. I want to be an example to them of a woman who genuinely tries to put Gods will above her own. I don't want to force a religion on them but I do want to show them my principles and values in the way I act and speak with them.

I want to help others. I don't know how. I am not sure what that will look like in my life but my heart longs to be influential and helpful to others'.

I want to be a friend who can be sought for advice and who gives good, sound, loving, godly advice.

I deeply care about others and am a very empathetic person. I hurt for my friends when they hurt. I hurt for people I don't know sometimes. This is a part of myself I really like. It spurs me to pray for people.

I guess those are the biggest things I strive for right now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm just catching up on your last few posts and I want to comment on ALL of them! I love reading more about your life, especially life with your new little love (Slobber Rocket...hilarious). I do look forward to meeting that happy little guy. I really liked this post. You are all of this and more, Debra. I have loved watching you in the years we have known each other grow from a student to a wife to a mom....a really good mom. Thanks for sharing this with us. Loved your latest post, too, and am still amazed that is how you spent your first married summer. Whatta woman.

Lora said...

"I want to be a friend who can be sought for advice and who gives good, sound, loving, godly advice."

You are this to me. And it means the world. Thank you.