Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Sweet Baby of the family...

Last but certainly not least in the introductions of my family members is my sweet baby boy. I think, for now, I am going to call him Slobber Rocket (SR) because that's what we call him when he gets all slobbery and a big tendril of slobber falls onto the floor or my hair... hmm. So Slobber Rocket is my 2nd son and a complete joy to our lives.

We planned this guy and wanted him very badly as opposed to being surprised that we were pregnant with Super Muscles. I found out before I even missed my period that I was pregnant (but I don't advise taking tests that early but I had *that* feeling) and from there on out I puked and puked and puked and puked some more for 16 weeks. I was convinced that he was a GIRL and at my 1st ultrasound they could not tell. No peep show for us. The tech thought he was a girl so I hung on to my fantasy until I had another ultrasound at 35 weeks and we saw very clearly that HE was definitely another BOY. I was not sad, I was immediately excited for SM to have a baby brother. And a true buddy to grow up with. Someone he could relate to and build a trusting strong relationship with.


So, SR was a bit more stubborn than his brother in his delivery. I was finally induced 11 days after my due date. I had a quick and fabulous drug free labor. Doula, Sarah, by our sides. Really it was not a bad 4 hrs as far as labors go I guess. We did have problems with SRs heart rate bottoming out. It wasn't too big of a deal until he was crowning though. His heart rate dropped to the low 60s. We tried the vacuum to get him out quicker but when his heart rate would not raise from the 60s, even between contractions... we knew we had to get him out FAST. So I was wheeled off for an emergency c-section. Put under and everything. Scary but worth it for my healthy, sweet 2nd son to be born safely. I didn't get to see him for 4 hours but I fell completely in love with him right away. He, too, snuggled right in and nursed and nursed (my kids like to eat, what can I say?).

So, Slobber Rocket is still pretty young. He is finally starting to give us glimpses of what his personality might be like. He seems more "verbal" than his brother was and smiles and laughs a lot more than Super Muscles did. Not quite as serious in nature. He is also very snugly. He loves to eat and he likes to be in the Mei tai. He is a decent sleeper. He does eat a lot at night but he goes right back to sleep. He is the worlds FASTEST nurser. He nurses to his belly's content in a matter of minutes. 5ish-10 (if he is being lazy). His fist is a delicacy these days and he loves to grab objects.

He gets super grins around his mommy, daddy and brother and he loves to flirt with the ladies. He is small like his bubby. Almost 4 mos old and still very squarely in 0-3 mos clothes. He does have big ole honkin' feet though. And he was born with incredibly short legs. They seem more in proportion now :) but they made me laugh for the first few days of his life.

I really can't wait to see what kind of person he turns into. I love seeing more of his personality revealed to us every day. I am thankful to God everyday that we got him out in time and that he is a healthy little boy. And I am blessed for all the lessons both of my sons have already taught me. I love them both so much and so does Mr. Wonderful.

So, that is my family. Next... I guess it is my turn.

No comments: