Thursday, May 28, 2009

Missing Mr. Wonderful

This is my first time doing the whole "Stay home with 2 kids while my husband is off at a conference" thing. Basically, I am not in love with this whole staying home with 2 kids by myself... thing. I don't remotely understand how single parents do it. I miss my husband so much but mostly I miss having him home in the evenings and nights to help with the boys.

Furthermore, SM is at the age where he is a crazy amount of aware that his dad is not home and he stands at the window every evening and tells me "But Mom, I just miss my Daddy". And my 4 month old (well pretty much a 4 mos old) has, what I think, is a double ear infection. So I called his pediatrician today. Crap, hes out of town on vacation. I called his fill-in dr and the office workers were just... stupid. No, I don't want to make an apt for Monday. If I had wanted to do that, he would be going to see his own doctor. Plus, who wants their baby suffering with an ear infection for an additional 3 days? And we are going out of town on Monday ourselves. All that to say, know who your dr. is filling in for and for how long so you don't have to annoy me next time. So we have gotten NO sleep in my home. And if Super Muscles doesn't stop with the screaming (he just woke up from a nap and is being a beast)... I might put him in the trashcan for the trash men to take in the morning.

Mr. Wonderful is a great daddy though. He helps me with the boys every evening and gets up with them when they are sick at night (we take turns). I am glad he is their dad... really, there isn't a guy who'd be better for the job. I am ready for him to come home and I am ready to get a little bit of sleep. Tomorrow evening won't be here soon enough.

Then, we get to prepare for vacation. 4 glorious days with that guy of mine (and the nursling) to celebrate 5 yrs of marriage. I can't wait. That is my focus point right now. Got to make it through til tomorrow evening!

Until then, I am missing him a lot.

No comments: