Monday, May 18, 2009

Ah, now on to an introduction of the famed Super Muscles

I was 19 when I became pregnant with my little SM. We found out the big and scary news very shortly after our first anniversary. Oh yea, we got married at 18 and 19, we are cool like that. Anyway, we had no intention of having children before we graduated college. In fact, it was pretty frightening. But, that was when the adventure began. I had a pretty normal pregnancy I guess. I had preterm labor at 32 weeks with him (but we didn't know he was a him because we waited until he was born to find out... fun times!) and was on bedrest for quite a while until eventually I had a healthy, slightly small, full term baby.


There is no greater memory I have in life than when he was placed on my chest for the first time. MW right by my side and beaming with pride and SM trying to snuggle in and nurse right away. My whole life changed with the birth of that little boy. I know everyone says the same stuff right? But, there was just a monumental priority shift. There was a little life that relied solely on me and MW. Not only that, but we were YOUNG (both 20 when he was born) parents and we had a lot of odds to beat and we had to crush some stereotypes in order to raise our son. It was daunting and amazing at the same time.



From there life pretty much became about meeting the needs of a new human. Figuring out what makes him tick. His strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes. And is one cool kid, I must say!



So, here is Super Muscles in all his glory.

He is generally a typical three year old that reminds me of his daddy nearly 100% of the time. He is SMART. He has a memory that freaks me out. He is a walking commercial and we don't watch hardly any tv at all. He knows cars by make because he memorizes commercials then recognizes their symbol (thats because there are a ton of car commercials on during sports). We drive down the road and he says "Mom, that is a Toyota. SAVE BY ZERO!!!"

He uses huge words appropriately thanks to his dad. He knows what a buckminsterfullerene molecule looks like and tells us that "the dog is obnoxious".


He doesn't like to try new things. He sits backs and waits until he has conquered it in his mind before he does it. Then, he can do it well on the first try (usually). He prefers playing by himself and I have to prompt him to play with others. I am not sure if he is shy or if he just likes playing by himself. He is incredibly kind to other children and talks to them just fine but won't play with them. Sometimes I worry and obsess about it but MW, was, apparently the same way.

He loves all things "CARS". He plays with his Lightning McQueens and Mac Truck more than any other toys he has. He would pee himself if I could find a bigger mater for him but I am too cheap. Sorry bud.

He doesn't like potatoes... weird right? He loves yogurt though and cheese and peanutbutter sandwiches. When we go to McDonalds he gets nuggets and a fruit and yogurt parfait because he generally won't touch fries (he is missing out!)

He isn't very cuddly but he does love his Mama. He is a total Mama's boy at this point and I will be sad to see that phase slowly grind to a halt but I secretly hope it never does.


And he is pretty much the best big brother ever to the little man. He loves is baby brother so much and takes good care of him. He is a very caring and compassionate child.


As usual, there is much much more to my little, er... big Super Muscles but I just don't have a lifetime to devote to writing about him. I have to feed him and stuff too :) But I am one blessed Mama to have such a child in my life.

No comments: