Thursday, July 16, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly... all in one day.

Today has been an interesting day. My friends mom died recently and I really wanted to attend the funeral but didn't end up going (putting Super Muscles in the car for 3+ hrs and then expecting him to behave seemed a bit much for my kiddo). So I needed something to do to keep my mind off of things. Super Muscles stayed dry all night in bed in his undies so I decided to have a special day with him and reward him for such big boyness. I took him to a local park where they run sprinklers from 11-3 and 5-7 everyday. It was fun. He had a BLAST. I enjoyed just watching him run through the water and scream his head off in excitement. Then we went to McDonald's for lunch. We had a great time chatting and eating. We shared some ice cream. It was a good morning.

After nap... we went to schnucks where Super Muscles sees some balloons and since he did so well last night, I told him he could have one. Who knew he would pick out a balloon that costs 6.99? A see through spider man balloon. *sigh* but I told him he could pick one out and it is a small one like the others' I showed him. So I ended up spending way too much at the grocery store (like $5.99 too much at least... which is a big deal to us crazy strict budget people). But he is enjoying it. I guess I will just make up for it next week. I am going to tie it around Slobber Rockets ankle after the big kid goes to bed (he would spaz if I let the baby TOUCH his balloon while he was awake). So... maybe I will get my moneys worth?

I started a roast (with potatoes and carrots of course) a bit late today thinking me and my handsome husband could eat after the boys were in bed tonight. The big kid usually doesn't each much roast, if any, anyway. So I thought I would take advantage of that situation and Mr. Wonderful and I could have a nice, quiet sit down dinner that didn't involve messy faces, food on the floor, or a small child burping and laughing furiously. Yea, not so much. That handsome husband came home with a migraine headache, bowed to the porcelain god and promptly sacked out.

So once he came home sick, I decided to take the boys with me to go for a walk with some friends. I figured the house would then be silent and Mr. Wonderful could sleep off the migraine. I get the boys packed up and out to the car and... my car won't start. We just replaced the battery last week so I have no clue what is wrong. It is going to cost more than the $60 battery to fix though which stinks... bad. At least the battery was a good investment. We had the other one tested and definitely needed a new one.

So, I am going to eat dinner after the boys are in bed by myself. And I am going to cling to my big kids smile and forget the rest of the day. Because really, figuring out how to pay to fix my car is just not worth my worries tonight.

No comments: