Monday, June 15, 2009

The JOY of a low sugar diet.

Tonight we all went to our church softball games. Mr. Wonderful played at 7 on the men's team and I played at 8 on the competitive co-rec team. Both teams won! Wee. Seriously, I am crazy competitive. I don't like losing so this will make for a happy evening and tomorrow in our home.

Anyway, after the game we decided to hit dairy queen for an ice cream treat. Problem... it was after 9 which is well after Super Muscles bed time. And, we don't give SM much sugar at all. So, this is what I did. It was pretty genius. We went to DQ and I went in and ordered 2 small shakes (for me and Daddy, of course) and an ice water for the 3 yr old. I got to the car and handed MW his shake and went around the back and gave SM his water. His face lit up, he was so excited. I know right, he is pretty easy to please. He happily sipped his ice water on the way home, all the while oblivious to the fact that his parents had ice cream. THEN when we got home... Dad went around the side of the car to unbuckle SM and he told Dad that his ice water was "very tasty". When we got inside, I even let him put the water he had left into the fridge so he can continue the fun in the morning when he remembers that his delicious treat is in there. Somehow, I don't think that will work when he is 6. What do you think?

2 comments: