Wednesday, June 17, 2009

For today... it's the sweet life!

Sometimes, lets face it, children act like rugrats and make you wonder why on earth you were crazy enough to have one... or more. They hide in the bathroom and eat the fluoride toothpaste right out of the tube (that really happened today,... but the rest of the day was so good that it just didn't even overshadow the good). And then, there are days like today when you realize you have the best children ever (I know, every parent has the best children ever).

Today was great. Super Muscles was absolutely fabulous. Slobber Rocket didn't eat every 2 minutes and napped well and was in a rather fun mood. And... we had loads of kid style fun.

First, I am getting better at shopping with 2 small children. We went to meijer today and I got done and the groceries put away, start to finish, in an hour and a half. For those who must know... I wear the baby and put the 3 yr old in the cart. Works wonderfully and Super Muscles and the baby face each other... instant entertainment for both. AND... strawberries and blueberries were priced well today so SM was very very happy that he got both of his favorite fruits in the same week. I know, my kid is easily pleased.

Then we headed over to the park for some sprinkler fun. I have taken the 3 yr old every summer we have lived here and he has never liked the sprinklers but he played in them happily today. I don't even think he noticed that other children he knew were there. lol. And we had lunch with friends in the park. SM ate about a pint of his favorite fruits... SM peed on a tree because he hates public bathrooms and was quite impressed with himself and our exit was tantrum free. The baby loved being held by friends and very nearly fell asleep at the park.

Next, everyone took naps... ME included. Though, my nap was only 45 minutes but it was a well needed rest!

We got up and Super Muscles and I made cookies for a snack and then we watched cars!

For dinner, I had Super Muscles help me make pizza. It is by far his favorite meal to help me make. I love making pizza with him because he enjoys cooking so much. I took a video of him topping the pizza... it is LONG (7 minutes) but I figured I would attach it for my family who don't get to see him often. He is rather cute and I know our family loves to watch him. I am going to have to try the video another time... uploading failed... here is a pic of him with the finished project to tie you over ;)



Then we played. Super Muscles ate toothpaste and had to sit on his bed (he lied to me and told me he had to potty then snuck out the toothpaste and ate it...) BUT that was the only time today we even had a punishment/negative consequence. It was a fabulous day!

I am so glad to get to stay home with my sons. It is a giant sacrifice and some days I am dog tired by the end of the day. But days like today make me realize it is 100% worth it and that I benefit from it as much as they do.

No comments: