Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little ears

Slobber Rocket had his ears rechecked today. He has had an ear infection for a month. Good times right? He still has fluid in his right ear. For now that is okay, as the infection is gone. But in the mean time we watch it. He has another apt in April. If there is still fluid then he will be referred to an ENT. Or if he gets another ear infection, he may also be referred. 15 min tube surgery is so much better than a 3.5 hr surgery to remove infection from your mastoid. I should know! I just keep reminding myself of that ;) He seems well otherwise though. He also hasn't gained anymore weight. Something I am trying not to fret too much over. I am doing the best I can. I can't MAKE him gain weight and I certainly can't MAKE him eat so I am trying to be patient with him. On a good eating front note: he did eat yogurt with some cereal crushed up in it. That is progress!

I have been talking to my half sister somewhat frequently. Its going well. I think she wants to feel like she is really part of a family. Which many times that is the same thing I want. It is hard to balance what is safe and what is too much too fast. We both have many issues stemming from our childhoods that get a little in the way. I  care about her though and want to see her succeed. It is hard to hear about her struggles. She was set up to fail in so many ways. It hardly seems fair that my life is how it is and hers is how hers is. I am not sure what I want from the relationship but I am blessed to be getting to know her.

Gearing up to go visit my best friend this weekend. I can't wait. Then a trip to see family all while Mr. Wonderful is in San Francisco. I am jealous of his travel destinations but am determined to have fun with the boys while he is away. We need some new scenery I think.

No comments: