Monday, January 4, 2010

Need prayers/thoughts

Just writing because that is what I tend to do when I am busy thinking and it is overwhelming me. I don't really write a lot about this because I don't want people spending time asking me about it or feeling bad for me or anything like that. I have mainly only briefly mentioned it on here and discussed it with my husband and a couple of very close friends. Anyway, tomorrow is kind of a big day for me. I am going to have a CT on my ear and sinuses. I have moderate-severe hearing loss in my right ear and in the last 6-9 months or so my hearing has gone from not horrible (annoying when I had fluid in it but I could live with it) to me being near deaf. So... in an effort to figure out why, I get to get massive amounts of radiation shot into my head :) Anyway, Dr. Y will be looking for cysts or masses around my ear that are pressing up against my Eustachian tubes or other parts of my ear. This could be the reason my ear doesn't drain fluid out. It is kind of scary to hear a doctor say you may have cysts inside your head somewhere and I have been really anxious about it all. If there are no real visible causes we will be trying a tube in my right ear to drain it. If there is something else... heck if I know what we need to do. I try not to think about it. I do know that I have been doing a therapy to shift the pressure in my ears for approaching 2 mos with no results or change in my right ear (my left ear has been draining more though). I probably won't find out the results of this test until closer to the end of the month when I have my next appointment with my ENT.

I guess I just wanted to put it out there and ask my friends to pray for me or send me good thoughts. I would appreciate any positive I can get right now ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Prayed for you just now. Let us know the update once you hear. Love you.

Sheryl said...

praying for calm as you have the test. also praying for clear results that will give the doctors direction.

i'm sorry that i guess i didn't realize how severe the hearing loss has become. can't imagine the frustration!