Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help Haiti

I am sure everyone knows about the earthquake that shook Haiti on Tuesday by now. I encourage everyone to find a way to help if you can. Pray for these people. There are so many mothers looking for their children and new orphans because of this. Pray that men and women around the world will adopt these precious children left without families. Pray that food, water, medication and shelter find their way to Haiti to sustain the people who now have nothing left.

And if you can find a way to donate. There are many many awesome organizations collecting money for the relief efforts:
Compassion International
The American Red Cross
Samaritan's Purse (this is the organization we do the Operation Christmas Child through)


These are just a few places. There are so many organizations taking donations. These donations will go straight to providing people with food, water and shelter and eventually help them rebuild their cities and homes.

If you look around online you can find many many blogs who are setting up ways to help as well. Raffles, clicking on their website and they will donate a certain bit of money, leave a comment and they will donate.

A few examples: CF Husband, Kelly's Korner, Hope for Haiti

You can also text "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10 through the Red Cross. This will be added to your next cell phone bill. Or text "disaster" to 90999 to donate $10 through Compassion

And you can be creative and come up with your own fantastic way to earn money to donate to Haitians who desperately need the hope that rebuilding can bring.

My heart is just broken for these people. I want to wrap my arms around every hurting person who can't find a family member or who has lost their home and most treasured things. I wish I could find new homes for all of the children who are going to need a family. "God brings beauty from ashes",... that has been a motto of late for me and many of my friends. I am praying that some of the beauty brought from this will be exhibited in our kindness upon a suffering nation. I often say that I don't "get" suffering at all but I "get" helping and the impact that it has on people. If we all find our way to help, it will make a huge dent in the rebuilding effort and it WILL create hope in a seemingly hopeless situation.

No comments: