Saturday, October 31, 2009

Well, it finally happened...

Previously I had said we don't really do Halloween. Well, we didn't. I mentioned that I had nothing against it but that up until now my son (approaching 4 yrs old) had no interest in being around people in costumes. Well, that all changed after he got a glimpse of a few Halloween cartoons this year and saw what dressing up and knocking on neighbors doors was all about. So he asked about it and I decided that if thats what he wanted to do... well, so be it! And... he did famously. Slobber Rocket has been sick so it was just me and Fireman Super Muscles tonight. We spent 3 hrs out in the cold in a neighborhood by Urbana High School (our neighborhood gets NO trick or treaters... serious) and at the trunk or treat at a local church. He loved spending some one on one time with me. It is not as frequent of an event as I would love for it to be. We made new friends. We ate hotdogs and chips and had lemonade (BIG treat for Super Muscles as we don't drink juice or koolaid). It was quite fun! COLD but fun.And check out the mummy on this guys window!

I have also, for some reason, been asked to share some pictures of myself. Not sure why anyone would ever want to see pictures of me when they could look at my adorable children but here are a few anyway from this morning.
And the most handsome, sweet husband and dad around with our big boy.
And lastly... me being stupid in a picture because I am not known for taking serious pictures :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

:) :) :) :) :)

Yay, Debra! :)

Because of your boys' light hair and gorgeous blue eyes, I had you as a blond in my head. Thanks for sharing a picture -- now I know who I'm talking to! :) You need more pics of you with the boys -- the pics are beautiful!

Amy said...

That dark hair IS deceiving! Cute pictures of you and the family. I'm so glad to see SM had fun trick-or-treating. Now what to do with all that candy???

Rudy said...

Yep, the light hair and blue eyes def come from their daddy :) Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I have actually had people tell me before that my children must look like their dad because they don't look like me. rotf. Well... trust me, I KNOW they are mine :)

Just the Sous Chef said...

YEAH!!! Love seeing you two ... definitely see where they get their cuteness from! :-) Glad you got to spend some one on one time ... I don't know who enjoys it more when I have those rare occasions - me or the kid?! It is such a special treat. xxoo