Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He doesn't need me anymore!

Hello, I am around! I promise. It has just been a long couple of weeks for me. Very little sleep, doctors appointments, winter vacations, Christmas, working out...

Anyway, I think this is completely normal but I have been feeling a bit sad lately about how little Super Muscles needs me. The biggest thing that makes me feel this way is that he reads fabulously. Which... that is great! But he literally will not let me read to him anymore. At all. He has even taken to reading books that are for much older kids by himself. It is slow going because he WANTS to understand what is going on. So occasionally he asks me what a word means or how to say it. But for the most part, he wants nothing to do with my help. NOTHING. Actually he really wants to read ME stories all the time. Which is fabulous but I just want my baby to curl up on my lap and let me read to him.  I guess its a good thing I have Slobber Rocket... he still loves letting me read to him. Ah, SM is just growing up way too fast. He does everything on his own and most everything well on his own. He does have one pair of jeans that happens to be pretty difficult to button but he has started buttoning up his own shirts (dress shirts) even. Where did my baby go?

Anyway nothing spectacular or enlightening from me today. But I do want to remember what I thought as my kiddos grew up. Maybe you will get enlightenment from me tomorrow? We will have to see. This not sleeping stuff is sucking the brain out of my head.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, sad....I know we are supposed to be happy for their new accomplishments, but what's it take to keep a kid a baby for a little while? Sometimes I don't even remember Abigail that way, she's so BIG now. I'm with ya, mama...sad.