Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Knee Surgery... tomorrow

I am going to the "little hospital" in town tomorrow for my ACL revision. I have to be there at 5:30 am. No food or drink after midnight so I am glad I have the early surgery :) It is outpatient and I am hoping to be home and in my own bed (or couch) by noon. That would be glorious! I am going to be flat on my back for a few days and drugged up! So if you want to have a funny conversation with me... the next few days might be good days to call. In kind of interesting news, I had to go buy both nail polish remover and antibacterial body soap to prepare for this surgery. Interesting because... how does painted toenails have anything to do with knee surgery and what is washing with antibacterial soap going to do to prevent infection when they scrub the heck out of you before they hack away anyhow. I have had 4 surgeries thus far and a procedure under anesthesia and this is the first time for the soap thing. I guess it must be new. Oh well.

Send prayers and thoughts my way for a good surgery and quick recovery. I would appreciate it very much.

1 comment:

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

The removal of the toe nail polish is so they could monitor if you were getting enough oxygen and blood flow to your limbs. If your toe nails are turning purple, they wanna see that.

My mom was seriously unhappy with me when she had to scrub and scrub and scrub the glitter nail polish off my toes when I was 13 and had to have emergency surgery to remove my almost burst appendix. I have never used glitter polish on my toes ever again!